Fort Orange Club
Location: Albany, New York
The Fort Orange Club of Albany was founded in 1880 in a Federal period mansion that was constructed in 1812. The original mansion has expanded and undergone many renovations as the number of club memberships increased over the years. By 1900, the club had expanded with both east and west wings which included dining facilities, additional hotel guest rooms, a second floor kitchen, billiard room and a large first floor lounge. In 1932, an athletic wing was added including a swimming pool, sauna, weight room and squash courts.